Position: Assistant Manager, IT Operations
Provide user and technical support and ensure systems security and maintenance of the Fund’s IT infrastructure.
- Assist staff to check and ensure resolution of all issues.
- Determine the availability of systems and IT network application process.
- Monitor all communication for each customer to assess operations within the time-frame.
- Prepare designs and evaluate all balancing functions as required by IT departments and other functional areas.
- Prepare and review all Service Level, Operation Metrics and KPI scorecards for service delivery.
- Develop professionally written policy and procedure proposals that clearly articulate the Fund’s value proposition.
1. Carries out system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
2. Designs, implements and maintains the physical and virtual server infrastructure, backup and disaster recovery systems.
3. Ensures that databases are tuned for optimal performance, performing problem determination, resolution for database related problems and recover-ability.
4. Plans and conducts user acceptance testing of new and upgraded IT infrastructure.
5. Plans and conducts technical reviews of own documents to achieve high quality and conformity to the Deposit Protection Fund standards.
6. Prepares evaluations of software or hardware and recommend improvements or upgrades.
7. Monitors and reports on the performance of the Fund’s IT services, propose the development and communicate with vendors engaged to maintain the services.
8. Designs and performs server and security audits, system backup procedures, and other recovery processes in accordance with the Fund’s disaster recovery and business continuity strategies.
9. Manages identified vulnerabilities on the Fund’s computing equipment (i.e. servers, workstations, laptops, tablets, smartphones, etc.).
10. Participates in testing of patches and vulnerability remediation solutions before application to the production environment.
11. Plans and conducts a technical review of own documents to achieve high quality and conformity to the Deposit Protection Fund standards.
12. Manages network infrastructure devices such as firewalls, switches and wireless access points including installation, upgrades, and hardware refreshes.
13. Implements the department’s standards and practices for IT systems acquisition, development and operations.
14. Participates in the procurement and upgrade of the Fund’s computing equipment including desktop computers, printers, mobile devices and servers.
15. Collaborates with the Procurement Division to ensure vendors are effectively managed and contracts are fully leveraged.
16. Communicates with clients, as needed, effectively communicating updates, system changes, problems and resolutions.
17. Collaborates with the Business Automation section in the department to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
18. Performs project assessments, planning, implementation, upgrades, and migrations of server systems and software applications.
19. Performs other work-related duties as assigned, within your scope of practice.