Position: Senior Officer, Financial Reporting
To carry out daily financial activities and functions including payments, budgeting and reconciliations. Ensures all financial operations follow internal policies statutory requirements and accounting standards.
- Budget and payroll management.
- Process payments and keep records of the bills paid.
- Enforce proper accounting methods, policies and practices.
- Participate in the formulation and implementation of financial controls to avoid errors and fraudulent practices.
- Preparation and submission of statutory returns within stipulated deadlines.
1. Ensures timely management of receivables and payables and ensures that creditor terms are appropriately followed.
2. Ensures compliance with statutory obligations relating to taxation, NSSF, pension contributions and other statutory requirements.
3. Coordinates annual budgetary and reporting processes in line with the strategic plan.
4. Prepares periodic management reports and monitors budget performance.
5. Manages the payroll and ensures timely reconciliations.
6. Manages the imprest and maintains records.
7. Maintains records of all financial transactions
8. Performs periodic accounts reconciliations and ensures timely reporting
9. Prepares and monitors cash flow projections.
10. Performs other work-related duties as assigned, within your scope of practice.